steamboat billThe Historic Hermann Museum

Built in 1871, the German School Building at the corner of Fourth and Schiller streets served as Hermann's elementary school until 1955. For much of its history, the school was bilingual, with classes taught in both English and German.

Today the building has found new life as the Historic Hermann Museum.

A major renovation project was recently completed, thanks to Missouri’s Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP), generous donations from private individuals and untold volunteer hours.